We’ve been inspired by Portland’s Village Building Convergence VBC to work toward our first annual San Luis Obispo Village Building Convergence SLO VBC.
Friday March 31th – Sunday April 2nd
We will have neighborhood repair projects in various neighborhoods around SLO county and then in the evenings we’ll gather around the virtual fire and listen to local story tellers and share best practices to improving the health and happiness of our communities.
Friday 3/31: SLO VBC Opening Ceremony & Entertainment ($10/person)
- 6:00pm Community Dinner (add $10/person)
- 7:00pm Opening Chumash Ceremony by Violet Cavanaugh (Northern Chumash Tribal Council) followed by City Repair SLO
- 7:30pm-8:30pm Keynote “The Village and the Grid” Talk by Mark Lakeman (City Repair Co-founder)
- Location: SLO Masonic Lodge 859 Marsh St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- 8:30-9:30pm Music by Zen Mountain Poets
- 9:30-10:00pm Special Guests Music by Molly McCabe & Bloom Music
Tickets available here.
Daytime: Cerro San Luis Foothills Neighborhood Work Party (no cost)
Location: La Entrada Ave & Catalina Ct San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- 9:00am-3:00pm Street Mural, Free Library Building, Music, Snack Lunch (provided)
Evening: Celebration & Entertainment ($10/person)
Location: SLO Masonic Lodge 859 Marsh St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Community Dinner (add $10/person)
- 7:00pm-7:20pm Co-Keynote Talk “Water is Life – From Standing Rock to SLO” by Roberto Monge (City Repair SLO)
- 7:20pm-7:40pm Co-Keynote Talk “Neighborhood Water tending (greywater, ocean friendly gardens, resilient plants, etc)” by Joshua Carmichael (Carmichael Environmental)
- 7:40pm-8:00pm “Where There Once Was Water” film preview from Brittany Anzel App
- 8:00pm-9:00pm Neighborhood Leaders Panel “Re-Villaging Neighborhoods Toward Engaged Community”
- 9:00pm-9:30pm Community Sing-along with Bloom Music, Matthias Clark, and City Repair Choir
- 9:30pm-11:00pm Headliner Music by Proxima Parada
Tickets available here.
Daytime: Mayor Harmon’s & NCTC Work Parties (no cost)
- 9:00am-Noon Mayor Harmon’s: Little Free Library install, Landscaping, Street mural
- Location: Mill Street (between Toro & Johnson) San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Noon-3pm Northern Chumash Tribe Center: Lunch, Little Free Library install, Landscaping
- Location: 18th & Pismo, Los Osos, CA 93402
- 3pm-4pm SLO VBC Closing Ceremony.